Assistant Heads, Chairs of Governors, Clerks to the Governors, Deputy Heads, Designated Safeguarding Leads, Early Years Practitioners, Governors, Headteachers/Principals, Leaders/Managers, Middle Leaders, NQTs, Pastoral staff, Recently Qualified Teachers (RQTs), School Administrators, School Business Managers, SENDCOs, Senior Leaders, Subject Leaders, Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Trustees, Unqualified Teachers (UQTs)
Teaching and Learning / Leadership
Introduction We are pleased to offer a suite of certificated Safeguarding Courses and Events to support schools to achieve the highest levels of effectiveness. We want to provide high quality training, that is accessible and affordable. The programme is suitable for schools (Early Years to Post 16).
Who Should Attend? This course if for leaders and staff who hold a designated or lead Safeguarding responsibility in schools and Early Years settings who have no previous Level 3 training but who have undertaken basic Levels 1 and 2 training.
The course will cover:
· Key partnerships as well as roles and responsibilities in safeguarding
· Categories of abuse and signs and symptoms
· The statutory framework for safeguarding including KCSiE 2021 and Working together
· Information sharing protocols
· Contextural and specific safeguarding issues
· The framework for the assessment of children in need
· The role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead
· Thresholds and referral processes
· The “Prevent” duty
· Race and culture in safeguarding
· Safe professional practice
· Responding to allegations against staff/volunteers
· Inpection judgements and best practice in safeguarding
· Online safety
· Safeguarding over 16s
Drawing on the experience of delegates, the programme will be delivered through a combination of short presentations, group exercises, case studies and discussion. Please note there is an element of pre-course reading.
Course Venue Room 912 | Skills Centre| Okehampton College
About the trainer Jane Lake is the Director for Safeguarding for the Dartmoor MAT and Senior Associate for Safeguarding for Dartmoor TSA. Until March 2018, Jane was the Education Safeguarding Officer for Babock LDP. She has over 20 years of working in the field of Child Protection and Safeguarding. She is a nationally accredited safer recruitment trainer and delivered training for Devon County Council and the LSCB (DCFP) for many years.
Course Fee TSSW Members £85 per delegate | Other Colleagues £115 per delegate.
Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Get In Touch Contact Fiona McNeile for information about booking and arrangements email@example.com